Bet Nobody's Made This Cake Before ....

Decorating By shapeacake Updated 6 May 2008 , 1:47am by elainec

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:35am
post #1 of 13

My husband graduates with his PhD next Wednesday. He wants a cake. But not a traditional graduation cap/book cake. He wants it to revolve around his research. For the past 6 years he has been studying the leech. That's right -- I will be making a leech cake, in perfect anatomical detail, because - trust me - they'll be checking. This one should be interesting! icon_smile.gif

12 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:46am
post #2 of 13

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it! My grandpa is a Urologist, but fortunately he hasn't asked for an anatomically correct cake....yet. icon_wink.gif

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:46am
post #3 of 13

Ew! Make sure you post it when it's done!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:47am
post #4 of 13

A leech... hmmmmm... You could also bake an "arm" cake and stick the leech to it -- didn't they use leeches for medicinal purposes back in the day? icon_rolleyes.gif I must say I'll be looking forward to seeing the final result! icon_biggrin.gif

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:47am
post #5 of 13

I can't wait to see this cake. That is going to be very interesting. Good luck and have fun with it.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:49am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

A leech... hmmmmm... You could also bake an "arm" cake and stick the leech to it -- didn't they use leeches for medicinal purposes back in the day? icon_rolleyes.gif I must say I'll be looking forward to seeing the final result! icon_biggrin.gif

They still use them...mostly for re-attachments. Can't beat a leech to keep your blood from clotting!

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:54am
post #7 of 13

icon_eek.gif Will it be a bloodsucking leech? If so, you could use red velvet cake. And I imagine you will need lots of piping gel....
Have fun and good luck!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:00am
post #8 of 13

EEEWWWW! and THIS will be a cake I HAVE to see! Bet you have lots of fun with it!

Beth in KY

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:12am
post #9 of 13

WOW CANT WAIT TO SEE THAT PLEASE POST..

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:15am
post #10 of 13

will they actually be EATING that???!! OMG!!

good luck, have fun

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:17am
post #11 of 13

This ought to be more gross than the rat cake I did for the Health Dept. retirement party with poop and all. Can't wait to see it!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:44am
post #12 of 13

OMG!! That should be fun to do. Good Luck, can't wait to see the pics

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:47am
post #13 of 13

I have made a dirt cake that made the birthday person gag when someone stuck their finger in it and tasted it because he didn't realize that it was cake. But a rat and now a leech, that beats it all!!!!! Post a pic! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%