Ace Of Caes Stadium Cake

Business By gracecakes Updated 6 May 2008 , 11:13pm by costumeczar

gracecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracecakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:31am
post #1 of 9

I got a request for a Red Sox, Fenway Parkk cake. She would like the whole stadium with adds and all. It is an old hight school friend. I don't know how much to charge. I don't even know how I can do this, but I am up for a challenge. Anyway I think it will need to feed like 100 give or take. I don't even think thats really an issue though because it is a grooms cake, so i am thinking like 12x12x12x12, one cubic foot I guess. It might have to be bigger to show detail like scoreboard and adds.
please help, I think if i can pull this off, i get a lot of business from a lot of old friends.

8 replies
Katied75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katied75 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:29am
post #2 of 9

I have no ideas because I'm a novice. However, I love the Sox and must see this cake when you're done please!!!! Will you post pics?

Katie

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:23am
post #3 of 9

One tip, once you cut into and hollow out the 12x12 (x12x12), it won't serve 100 anymore. I do my stadiums 12x12 and they end up serving about 60-70.

I, personally , would charge $5-$6 per serving, but that is up to you. Are you going to charge less and chalk it up to "advertisement fees"?, since that is what you are hinting at. Or Are you wanting to charge the real price? With all the details that she wants, you are talking about alot of intricate detail which = time = $$$$

Good luck, it will be very time consuming but what an accomplishment when you are finished!

gracecakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:27pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you cakequeen. I was actually going to make a 12*13 a few inches thick maybe 4" then I was going to have the hubby help me build some kind of structure around the top with slots and stuff or where the people would go, and the scoreboard and all that would be non edible. But I am going to have to think about what you said about hollowing out the cake. I also am going to charge her I was thinking about 5$ a slice, but because of the fact that it will be good advertisement I am thinking more like $3.50, plus I am a little afraid It won't look as nice as I hope.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 9

I did a fenway park cake...I put the pictures of it below. I did the whole thing out of cake, not the same way that they did it on Ace of Cakes with the extra stands and stuff. I'd tell you to stick with the $5 a serving if you're going to do all the extra structural stuff, becuse just making the lights and things for the one that I did took a long time.
LL
LL

venefica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venefica Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 9

that Fenway park cake is amazing!!! icon_eek.gif

gracecakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 9

costumeczar can you e-mail me a close up pic of that so that I can check it out up close. [email protected]

p.s what if i charge $5 dollars a slice and she says its only for 25 people it still might not be worth it. Shouldn't i just tell her a number.

Katied75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katied75 Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:28pm
post #8 of 9

OMG, I need directions for how to make a Fenway cake like that! That would seriously impress my husband for life.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 May 2008 , 11:13pm
post #9 of 9

I'd charge at least $150 as a base price, because you'll need a decent amount of cake to make it big enough anyway. I probably used at least 3 9x13 sheets to carve out the stadium shape, so that's plenty more than 25 servings! Just tell her that you have to do a minimum number of servings to make it look right, then if she wants more than the minimum she can pay for the higher amount.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%