Shimmer Dust

Decorating By momof4sweeties Updated 6 May 2008 , 8:29pm by TexasSugar

momof4sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof4sweeties Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 4

Can wiltons shimmer dust
be mixed with something to be painted on fondant? And if so, what do i mix it with?

3 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:44am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4sweeties

Can wiltons
be mixed with something to be painted on fondant? And if so, what do i mix it with?

Water or extracts.

It really won't show up with the intensity of luster dust however. I used it to paint the bow for the gift box in my gallery but you don't notice it in the picture.

momof4sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof4sweeties Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 4

thanks, I wanted luster dust but cant seem to find it. In a store, hobby lobby anyway. I guess I will have to order it.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 4

I'm not sure about Hobby Lobby but Michaels carries Wilton's Pearl Dusts. The Pearl dusts are something they came out with last year and have added more colors to this year. They do not have as big of a variety of colors as you can find in Luster Dusts online, but if you don't have a cake supply store around, it is a local option. They do have a white, silver, gold, red, yellow, blue, green, violet, and pink. I think maybe another color or two I am forgetting. They are more like 'luster' dusts than traditional pearl dusts. And they can be mixed with extracts or alcohols.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%