I Need Help!

Decorating By KansasKakeKutie Updated 5 May 2008 , 10:31pm by Sugarflowers

KansasKakeKutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KansasKakeKutie Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 2

icon_sad.gif i'm thirteen and making a huge cake for choir.... it's a fondant figure choir on cake risers with a fondant figure director and all that is ontop of a 9x13 sheet cake... how should i construct it and how should i support it? i can't find any info on the web because a cake like this has never been made. I will take any advice that will be given to me... and i thank you so much! This means alot to my choir and my friends.

1 reply
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 2

Try making your figures with half fondant and half gumpaste. This will make them dry more quickly and be a little stronger. If you have access to a craft store that sells sculpting clay, they usually have books on how to make little figures of people and animals that are fairly simple to make.

Use a covered cake board under the risers to support the choir. You could use drinking straws as cake supports since you are not making a heavy cake on top of it. Space the straws about 3 inches apart. Place about 3 straws under the director if it has a solid base.

Give yourself about a week to get all of the figures made and time to dry. Once you have that done, then the rest is a piece of cake. icon_smile.gif

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%