Castle Cake For 300???

Decorating By ljhow623 Updated 6 May 2008 , 7:42pm by julzs71

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 5

Help. My largest order as yet and I have no idea on even where to begin. It would be for a high school graduation (the entire high school) in the shape of a castle and they want a price. OMG I don't even know how many cakes and what size I would need for that big of a cake. I was kind of thinking maybe a few tier cakes with a large castle in the middle. Oh crap someone help me. I need to figure out what size cakes and how much I would need so that I can provide a quote. Any ideas of how to construct this without making sheet cakes on the side. Does anyone have any ideas.

PLEASE!
Thanks Lisa

4 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 5

How about a castle with the surrounding landscape? The landscape could be a large sheet cake, decorated with hills (cakes) bushes and moat. That would take care of quite a few servings as well and is not too difficult. Then a castle in the middle. I would put that on at the venue

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:26am
post #3 of 5

i think the landscape idea is great. could really accent the castle. also then you aren't dealing with tons of layers and height. would be easy to carve landscape.

canoewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canoewoman Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:35am
post #4 of 5

I would make the castle out of styrofoam shapes covered in fondant and do the landscape around it in cake. I just saw this on Ace of Cakes and it looked fabulous (Harry Potter cake Hogwarts).

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 5

I just got done making a hogwarts cake (kinda like a castle) That was made out of foam board. It could easily have had landscape and made that cake.
I have also made a castle cake made with sheet cakes. You could just stack them. How many people are going to be at the graduation?
I think making a sudo cake first would be best.
Mine took three days to get it where I wanted it to look good. So you could make it ahead of time and then the day before the graduation you could make some cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%