Looking For A New Air Brush...........

Decorating By littlecake Updated 5 May 2008 , 9:27pm by trumpetmidget

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 3

i've gone thru 2 of the ones decopac sells...they are "ok"...but i think this time i want one with more control for pictures, doing animal prints etc.

does anyone have one that they really love?

i was looking online at ones that are used to do fake tattoos...i bet you could draw pretty good with that.

i was thinking i might need two...one for detail work, and one for spraying the whole cake with pearl etc.

anyhoo, any suggestions???

2 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 3

I have heard great things about the ones from Harbor Freight...we live around the corner from an HF store and I am getting an airbrush for Mothers Day (whooooo-hooooo)!

They are made very, very well and they sell the little accessory kits to hold extra colors - and they are very affordable. They also have an online store and tons of sales. HTH

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 3

I just got my airbrush this weekend!!! I am tooo excited. My dad got it for me for my 30th, which is next month. Anyway, we bought a compressor at Harbour Freight that came with an airbrush for $77. It's pretty good. I then got a Badger Universal 360 for $80 (it was $160 at A.C. Moore and I had a 50% off coupon). I haven't actually used the Badger yet, because the hose from my compressor has the wrong hook-up to the airbrush. But, I did a lot of research and the Badger seemed like a good one, even compared the the KopyKake. It seems to do a little more fine detail.
Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%