Romeo And Juliet

Decorating By cashley Updated 6 May 2008 , 1:17pm by Homemade-Goodies

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 5 May 2008 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hi my daughter has asked me to make a cake with a romeo and juliet theme for school for Wednesday. I have no ideas at all and know not much about this theme. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:19am
post #2 of 5

That's a tough one.

Here's what I remember about Romeo and Juliet...first, it's a Shakespeare play and also a couple of movies. The idea is that the girl and guy meet and fall in love, but they're from families that have been feuding for ages, so there's no way their families will let them marry. They get married in secret, and then Juliet's father says that she has to marry someone else. She takes a potion that will make her appear dead for several days, to get out of the marriage. Romeo is supposed to get a message that she's taken a potion and isn't really dead. He doesn't get the message, and he goes to where she's laid out, and seeing her dead, kills himself. Then she wakes up from the potion and sees that he's dead, and she kills herself.

I don't know how to turn that into a cake, though. If it's for her drama group, maybe just the standard comedy/tragedy masks drawn on a cake would work instead.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:31am
post #3 of 5

the famous scene from the movie is when Juliet is in her chambers...aka giagantic mansion bedroom, she is speaking aloud about her love for Romeo and he happens to sneak into the garden and call to her.

it's very romantic, she is standing on the balcony and he is hiding in the shadows of the trees.

another scene is at a masquerade ball, you could do masquerade masks with the Monatgue and Capulet crests on them

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 5

thanks for the help greatly appreciated

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 5

I love the idea of the masks with the crests on them...maybe with a red red rose entwined in them...?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%