Ever Just Wanna Kick Yourself??????????

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 5 May 2008 , 10:40pm by KHalstead

KHalstead Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 8

so I had this wedding cake this weekend (only my second wedding cake EVER) and I was up all night starting Friday afternoon with 6 cakes left to bake out of 21 and never went to bed, worked on the 3 tiered topsy turvy cake, 5 -8" round satellite cakes with gumpaste bow toppers, and 1/4 sheet double layer kitchen cake for extra servings. It was so warm and rainy and humid and nasty......my icing never crusted so I couldn't smooth the cakes out good at all and I assembled the 3 tiered cake and drove it the 45 minutes to venue down pothole highways and up super steep hills at the winery where the wedding/reception were being held. I got there and noticed a huge crack down the front of the cake and the top tier was leaning back...I brought a hammer and extra dowels and put another dowel in it to correct the lean on the top tier...filled in the crack with icing, did my best to repair it, set everything up all 5 satellites, put flowers on the cake and then I realized.........I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!!! I did all this slaving and have NOTHING to show for it, not one photo! UGHHH!!! I hate when I do that!!!! I've emailed the bride to ask for some photos (she called to say she loved the cake...wheewww, I thought it looked AWEFULL).....and it just so happens my daughter's preschool teacher was their photographer so she says she'll give me some photos too!! but still, do you ever do stuff like that where you just wanna kick yourself???????? So stupid! I guess it could have been worse....I could have forgotten the toppers or something!!!

icon_surprised.gif

7 replies
KHalstead Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 8

okay.........guess I'm the only one dumb enough to bake 21 cakes and forget a camera!

mbasic Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 8

Wow --I am impressed. I would be afraid of forgetting one (or more) of the cakes!

FromScratch Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 8

LOL.. I have done that.. Sorry you had so much stress, but glad that the bride was happy. icon_smile.gif I hated my last cake too, but she loved it. Go figure. icon_lol.gif

julzs71 Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 8

nope...I broke my camera so I wasnt taking any pictures. I just got another camera and did a beautiful communion cake....Forgot to take a picture. It was for my brothers friend. They forgot to take a picture until they had already cut into the cake. We all do it!

ShopGrl1128 Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 8

21 cakes!!! geezzz!!! you are super human!

Oh you poor thing...I'm sorry for your 'lost' of pictures.
But let's pray the photographer will send you a couple of nice ones.

I got this nice thin and very light HP camera that I always carry on my purse...just keep yours in you purse all the time!....even if your purse is 50lbs heavy like mine.

----
edited because my grammar sucks!

KHalstead Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 8

[email protected] lb. purse........mine is probably close to that without a camera!! lol

KHalstead Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 8

well, it wasn't 21 separate cakes it was a 3 tiered topsy turvy which is 3 layers for each tier....so 9 cakes there that I had to bake and the double sheet...2 more cakes and 5 side cakes that were 2 layers each so in total I had to BAKE 21 cakes (and I don't have freezer room so they were all done Thursday and Friday before) I'm still tired lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%