To Fondant Or Not To Fondant?

Decorating By the cake whole Updated 6 May 2008 , 5:38am by Cake_Princess

the cake whole Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 4

icon_lol.gif

Another questions from the beginner..... after reading some posts on fondant I am seriously considering using choco pan. I have NEVER covered a cake in fondant or otherwise.
I am creating a special cake for my son's second B Day so I want it to look great and taste good. Any suggestions??? again HELP!

3 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #2 of 4

well, that depends on how comfortable you are. me, personally, i love fondant (i sometimes have trouble getting my bc really smooth) it is very easy to work with.

i have never used choco pan, i have used satin ice (which was very nice) and I have made my own MMF. (which is less expensive than ordering, and very quick to make)

I am not sure if I answered your question or not, I feel like people are very intimidated with fondant, it really is not hard to do. it may take you a couple tries to get comfortable with it, but it is really easy. I was terrified my first time, but was surprised how easy it was, and wondered what I had been so afraid of. icon_biggrin.gif

Servus Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:25am
post #3 of 4

I agree, just give it a go, make your own MMF, it's quick and cheap and you do not feel bad if it doesn't work the first time. You can also flavor it! Good Luck!

Cake_Princess Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:38am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohare

icon_lol.gif

Another questions from the beginner..... after reading some posts on fondant I am seriously considering using choco pan. I have NEVER covered a cake in fondant or otherwise.
I am creating a special cake for my son's second B Day so I want it to look great and taste good. Any suggestions??? again HELP!

Go for it, you gotta get your feet wet sometime.

I suggest starting with cheap fondant to get some practice on. Once you are comfortable with it order the good stuff for your son's b'day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%