lardbutt Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:04am
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

ok...get over it...call her back! write down all the questions you are wanting answered and ask them! I know it's hard to communicate things...when you call again just say "as I was thinking I am getting a little confused over the situation" the fact that you may have "possibly" caught her trying to sell your cake for more may just give her the chance to stumble on her words and tell you the truth! IF you don't call you'll never know! THEN you might possibly be able to strike a deal! There is nothing wrong with calling her back! she may just realize that she can trust you and then you guys will be partners in the long run....IF you DON"T call her back then I know she is thinking "that was easy and I could do it again!" ( then you will be walked all over every time she calls)

So, those are the choices...I think you should call her back! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Yes mam, Mommy icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

All of you are right and have brought up excellent points. I did not give a discount to her. I have decided that I will put a business card on the cake board that cannot be removed for this cake anyway.

I do plan on talking to her about our little "partnership" when we meet up for the delivery. I also talked with the mother of the bride who is my mother's good friend where I met this caterer and she said they were good and honest people. I think I may have overreacted a bit.

That's why I have all of you! It's much better to overreact with you guys and get put in my place so to speak than do it with a client!

Thanks for all the great advice.......YOU GUYS ROCK!

sorry...I have the tendency to do that icon_surprised.gifpps: I am sort of motherly in a way! LOL- it's something my MOM would have told me! LOL

You won't know until you discuss it...and you really should discuss it beforehand. You cannot do a business transaction unless you are comfortable. and it may take MANY conversations until you are comfortable...it is your decision. people may SEEM okay in the beginning but you don't know their motives until you ASK!

I hope you don't take my post as bad...actually, this is the first advice I have given on here in a month or so! I really do hope this works out for you! icon_smile.gif

stepOnmi, I was just teasing you! I appreciate your advice, cuz you're exactly right!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:10am
post #32 of 33

ok then! I'm glad! icon_smile.gif Let us know how everything works out!!

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 7 May 2008 , 10:52pm
post #33 of 33

Yes! Please let so know how this works out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%