Cake With Filling Question?

Decorating By Amymnn Updated 5 May 2008 , 4:10pm by jessfmaldonado

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 4

I always refrigerate my cakes until the day of delivery but I have a cake that has to be delivered tonight and will sit out until it is served Tuesday night. What fillings are okay to use if the cake will be sitting out like that? They said the room will be air conditioned so it won't be humid or anything. (I hope!) Any advice is greatly appreciate as I'm still a newbie to all these things. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 4

Just wondering - WHY does it have to sit out for a full day? That seems awfully strange to me - I would never deliver a cake that early but if that is what you have to do then there are some fruit fillings in pouches that do not have to be refrigerated - you could also do a flavored buttercream, regular buttercream or a Chocolate Ganache.

I don't use the fruit pouches so I'm not sure where to get them but hopefully someone else will be able to answer that question for you - Good Luck!

Tammi

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 4

Ganache is okay, caramel and so is buttercream. Some people will disagree but I use raspberry jam and let it sit out and have never had a problem. HTH

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%