Design Suggestions For Wedding Cake

Decorating By pam29 Updated 5 May 2008 , 5:22pm by kerri729

pam29 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 2

First off, I'm new to this site and love it, so much good info. This is just a hobby for me and classes are not an option as I live in northern Michigan and there's not even a good cake supply store within a 100 miles!
I am making a wedding cake for my brother's Oct wedding as a gift. They are expecting approx. 250 guests. My supplies are limited and I'd rather not buy a lot of new pans. I have (6-10-12-14) 2 in. deep round and heart and a 16 square. Does any one have any suggestions for a design. I was thinking of a stacked 6-10-14 round on a 16 square to make a 4 tier? Also, I've made 3 tier stacked, 3 tier stacked/pillar combo and have used floating cake stands but have never done a 4 tier or used the square as a bottom tier. Any tips? icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
kerri729 Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 2

If you go by the Wilton servings, your idea of the 6-10-14 rounds and the 16 square as a base would serve 256........3, 4, 5 tiers, it's all constructed the same- just more tiers...........I actually like the look of a square bottom tier, and then three or four tiers stacked on that........maybe just do a sketch of a combination of things and see how they like them? If they are giving you free reign of the design, your options are endless!
Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%