Are They The Same Thing? Help!!!

Decorating By iluvcakes5 Updated 5 May 2008 , 4:08pm by iluvcakes5

iluvcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes5 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 7

Thank you so much for your time first and foremost... I am doing my first wedding cake this weekend and the bride would like one of the tiers to be banana nut...

Now, I use doctored cake mixes.... does anyone have a recipe for a doctored cake mix that will taste like banana nut?

If so, would you please share it with me...you can PM me it if you would please.

If not, does anyone have a recipe for banana nut cake?

Thank you so much for your help. Wish me luck because I am so nervous.

6 replies
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 7

Just make your normal yellow doctored mix and throw 2 or 3 ripe bananas in with some walnuts and use banana extract. For one cake mix I would use about 1 cup of chopped walnuts.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 7

I made the cake mix doctor's banana cake. Not bad

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 7

the cake mix doctors is AWESOME!! I get tons of complements on my "homemade" bannana cake. I would just throw in some roughly ground nuts and wa-la bannana nut cake.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 7

Here is a recipe. It is not a doctored cake mix but looks like it would be pretty easy: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Nut-Cake/Detail.aspx.

Here is the link to the search with several recipes: http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=banana%20nut%20cake&Page=1

I hope that helps. There are several highly rated recipes.

trulyjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trulyjulie Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 7

I love banana cake, I use the cake mix doctor but I use DH banana instead of yellow cake and I use real vanilla instead of banana flavor plus a dollop of sour cream I put that in all my cakes it tastes awesome and keeps it super moist.

iluvcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes5 Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you for your time on my banana nut question....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%