First Wilton Class Tonight, A Few Questions

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 5 May 2008 , 10:42pm by scotiascrapper

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 5

Do I need to bring anything? When I signed up for the class the girl told me she "didn't think" I had to have anything for the first class.

Also, for future classes, will I have to bring in my own cakes/frosting for decorating?

Thanks!

4 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 5

Wow, it's been a while since the first class, but I want to say that for the first class you just need to take a notebook.

The for the subsequent class, you will need to take a frosting class and frosting. You'll get a list of what exactly you need. Actually, you should get a Course I book which outlines what you'll go in each class and a 'checklist' of what is needed for each class.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 5

For the first night of Course 1 you just need yourself, your reciept, a pen/pencil, and a notpad if you are a note taker. icon_smile.gif

The following classes in Course 1 you will need icing and a cake, but as said you will get a book with the lists in it.

Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 5

I'm probably too late on this lol ... I think it varies depending on your instructor. I'm pretty sure that we had to take an 8" round cake & icing to our first class.

At Michael's they gave us a sheet when we signed up that told you what all you need to take to the first class.

If I remember correctly the list was Kit 1, receipt, pen/pencil, notepad, 8" round cake, icing, papertowels.. not sure what else.

scotiascrapper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scotiascrapper Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 5

I'm brand new here and taking my first Wilton class at Ms on Wednesday. We had to purchase the class 1 kit and were told to bring a notepad and pen and our receipt. We will receive the class 1 workbook Wednesday.

I'm super excited, all the cakes here are so inspiring!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%