What Little Boys Are Made Of...

Baking By thedessertdiva Updated 5 May 2008 , 2:09pm by thedessertdiva

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:56am
post #1 of 15

I know that its something something puppy dog tails...what are the first two things? I cannot remember for the life of me and I have a baby boy shower cookie order for next week and this is the theme I am running with...lol

Help...

14 replies
jklm3721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jklm3721 Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:04am
post #2 of 15

Frogs and snails and puppy dogs tails......

girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:09am
post #3 of 15

I've heard "Snips and snails and puppy dog tails" but I don't know what a snip is, so "frogs" might work better. icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

thedessertdiva Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:13am
post #4 of 15

Thank you both icon_wink.gif I called my sister after posting this and she also said "snips and snails..." icon_confused.gif Not too sure about what a snip is so I think I will go with Frogs...lol. And gee, I happen to have a frog AND a snail cookie cutter! Now what to do about the puppy dog tails...lol

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:21am
post #5 of 15

Hmm, maybe you can do a little puppy hiding his head under a blanket, so only his little butt and tail are showing! icon_confused.gif

Oh and I searched snips too...according to one site, the phrase should read "snips of snails" meaning little bits of snails...if that helps any! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

s_barnes76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_barnes76 Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:31am
post #6 of 15

I know you are doing cookies, but SusieHazCakes has a cake with that theme. Sorry I can't get the link to post (computer is being a major PITA) but maybe you could get some ideas from that. HTH icon_wink.gif

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:50am
post #7 of 15

This might help...possibly....this also is a cake picture, but maybe some ideas???

http://www.frostingwithflair.com/html/cakes/html/multi/html/snips__n__snails.html

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:23am
post #8 of 15

SARSI I LIKE THAT SITE THANKS FOR POSTING.

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 15

Yeah, its amazing!!! I love it too..hence why I saved it to my bookmarks!! LOL... It was my first motivation to try chocolate transfers...

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:14pm
post #10 of 15

puppy dog tails...for that you could just do the whole dog or i liked the idea of having a puppy butt up in the air...cute!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:17pm
post #11 of 15

i grew up hearing and saying "sticks and snails and puppy dog tails"

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:18pm
post #12 of 15
CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:24pm
post #13 of 15

I had a cake for a baby shower cake for a friend having a little boy and had this very same question at the time...so the answer is "Snips of snails and puppy dog tails" And I read about it's history...it is actually pieces of snails...but I ended up doing snakes and snails and puppy dog tails on my cake...I did not ever get a picute of the cake though (which I regret) But I used cute snakes, snails and a puppy and puppy digging in the dirt for the tail part... I made them all out of fondant...I hope this helps...it is fun!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #14 of 15

it looks like t he original wording was snips of snails, meaning little bits of snails. i'm not sure i'd want that on a cake or cookies.....

thedessertdiva Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:09pm
post #15 of 15

Ewww...pieces of snails??? lol ...

I think the cute frogs and cute snails and cute puppy bottoms (cause he's digging or hiding in something) idea works for me. I have a hound dog cutter. I can add the little tail on and maybe attach a blue bow to it to reference the rhyme.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%