Info On Classes?

Decorating By melanier5 Updated 5 May 2008 , 5:07am by flowers40

melanier5 Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:38am
post #1 of 2

I would really like to take more classes, attend some seminars or convention to learn more about our craft., But I have no idea were to look for info on these events.If anyone has any info or advice I would really appreciate it. I live in South Ms.

1 reply
flowers40 Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:07am
post #2 of 2

I guess I would start with classes done at your local craft store. Most large craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby offer cake decorating classes. Usually wilton's classes. This is a real good place to start if you are not already above their level. But most of these places offer different levels of cake decorating classed with different emphasize on different techniques. The other thing I would do is search out any possible cake clubs in you area. I don't know where to start on how to search these out, because I'm not sure how to do this for myself. Right now, I would like to go to Wilton's main school in chicago. Because, I don't leave extremely far from Chicago, this could be a possiblility for me, where as it may not be as much of a possibility for someone who lives further away. The thing that holds me back, is because I live far enough away from Chicago that I would have to stay in a hotel if I went, and the classes are rather expensive to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%