Dry Coffee Creamer In Icing

Decorating By yummy Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 3:30am by tastyart

yummy Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:17am
post #1 of 4

I'm using the french vanilla in my icing instead of my usually liquid. They only have sugar free in powder form which is perfect (no added sweetness). How do I add it to my icing? I can't find sugarshacks recipe and I believe she uses a powder. How much powder creamer in cake mix 2 or 3 tbsps?

3 replies
deanwithana Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:40am
post #2 of 4

I use the recipe and Sugarshack turns the powder to liquid prior to adding it. She calls for a 1-1 ratio of water to powder. So if you have one cup of water then you add one cup of powder. She also recommends heating water and then adding the powder to the water so that the powder melts. Once the powder is melted, she then adds the liquid to the icing to make the consistency desired. I hope this helps.

joy5678 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:56am
post #3 of 4

Used Caramel Vanilla coffee creamer in the Sugar Shack Icing & found out that the flavor was good but too overwhelming. icon_surprised.gif Will try 6 TBS. next time. This combination was great for Choc. cake. Since creamer is tso expensive I'm interested to know what other flavors have worked for you & what flavor cake did you use it with? Thanks for sharing. icon_biggrin.gif

tastyart Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:30am
post #4 of 4

I don't know about the sugar free not adding sweetness. Doesn't "sugar free" usually mean that they have a fake sweetner like aspartame?

Quote by @%username% on %date%