Need Idea For A Woman I Know Nothing About!

Decorating By 2508s42 Updated 5 May 2008 , 3:49pm by cakenewbiekgm

2508s42  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:48am
post #1 of 9

HELP! We just got a new youth pastor at our church. He and his wife are from clear across the country, they know no one and they have no family here. I don't know anything about her except that she is a pastors wife. I found out today that her birthday is THIS Wednesday. I would like to make her a cake so that her first birthday doesn't completely suck, since she is all alone here.

Any cute ideas? I am looking for something clever and catchy. I don't know her colors or anything. Any ideas?

8 replies
 shapeacake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:27am
post #2 of 9

That's so sweet of you! The thought that initially crossed my mind was just to integrate some spring-type decorations in ... flowers, butterflies, etc. Here's a picture of the kind of decorations that I was thinking of.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1216628.html

Or maybe you could make a cake in the shape of Idaho, and make it a 'welcome to Idaho' and a 'happy birthday' cake!

mgigglin  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:30am
post #3 of 9

I like the springtime theme... flowers and butterflies but what about a teapot or basket of flowers? I think that just the gesture in itself is so sweet that she will love and appreciate anything you bring her!

Kim

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 May 2008 , 11:58am
post #4 of 9

Here's one idea. It's just an 8x4 w/5"er on top.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1172208.html

A pretty floral cake is always sure to please most any womanicon_smile.gif

cakenewbiekgm  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbiekgm Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:24pm
post #5 of 9

You could always do a cross cake and add cascading flowers to the cross to give it a spring time look and feel to it. It is very sweet of you to think of her and make a cake! thumbs_up.gif

2508s42 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 9

They are all good ideas. I really want some clever saying... My dh said to make a beehive with flying bees and write on the cake board, "We heard the buzz that it's your birthday!"

I have som left over orchids from a wedding, they are white but I could paint them. What color scheme would you use?

cakenewbiekgm Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 9

Something clever...the beehive idea is good plus it is springy. You could do a round cake and do grapevines and grape clusters and write "We heard through the grapevine that is it your birthday!" Too cheesy?

2508s42 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #8 of 9

Love the grape cluster idea! Any more "cheesy" ideas? I actually think they are cute.

What about a wedge of cheese with a little mouse on it and have it say, "a little mouse told me it's your birthday" Plus that would be fast and easy.

cakenewbiekgm Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 9

I like the cheese and mouse idea. I had thought you could also do a bunch of flowers and have some color flow birds and say a little birdie told me - kinda cute! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%