Edible Image Printer Problems?

Decorating By foots2 Updated 5 May 2008 , 5:27am by ladyonzlake

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #1 of 3

I have a Canon pixma 4200. I bought the cartridges and took the chips off the ink and reset them on my edible ink. But everytime I want to print a pic I have to remove the edible ink and clean the heads. I spent $70 on edible ink and have gotten about 8 prints.............anyone else have a problem with there edible printers???? Im very dis-satisfied with the whole set-up.

2 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:17am
post #2 of 3

i'm so sorry you're having this problem. i have had two canons and both died on me after the warranty expired. i will never buy a canon again. i have an epson now and love it. i have had sooo many problems with my canon printers. i just wish i bought an epson to start with.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:27am
post #3 of 3

I'm hoping this is not a Canon problem. I had the Canon 4200 also and my print head went out on it after 4 months of having it. It's under warranty but it's not valid since I use the edible inks so I just bought the Canon ip3500. The print head for my other one was over $50 and the new printer was only $60 so that's why I bought it instead of replacing the print head. I don't use it often...that could be why the print head goes bad?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%