Loopy Bow Made... Customer Calls And Cancels Grrr

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 5 May 2008 , 3:49am by Cakepro

wgoat5 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:00am
post #1 of 3

I got a call today from a lady having a 85th birthday party for her mother... they are having 200 people and wanted a 14/10/7 inch offset square stacked cake AND a 12 x 18 sheetcake. Now she ordered this 2 weeks ago from me. I received 1/2 of payment at order.. and all is fine.. A few days ago I made all the loops for the bows and a big full 4 looped bow for the sheetcake.. This cake is due on Saturday. She calls this afternoon and tells me her daughters don't think they will need the sheetcake icon_confused.gif .. hmph.. I say O K ... She says well how much will I owe you then.. I tell her I am going out the door to deliver a cake and will be back and I will give her a call. WELL.. I was kinda steamy about it because I had spent A LOT of time making these bows and feel I need to be compensated for them. I made these with a grosgrain pattern on them and pearlized them. It looks beautiful.. SO... I call her back and tell her that she will owe me such and such and that the sheet cake would of been this much.. BUT that I need to be compensated for my sugar work. SHE then has to run but says she will call tomorrow to get the final bill.

How much if anything should I charge her for this? NO didn't have a contract.. BUT.. she was a good friend of the family for a long time and I didn't give her a discount. I thought she would be reliable. (I should say she was a good friend of my DM's not mine)

Should we be compensated for work done ahead of time?

HELP she's calling in the morning

2 replies
Ursula40 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:17am
post #2 of 3

Definately charge her for the work you've already done, if you can save and use it later on, good for you, but you might never need it, so yes, you made it for her, she can come and pick it up to save as a momento of a cake that wasn't to be.

Cakepro Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:49am
post #3 of 3

Charge her, girl! You earned it.

BTW, do you have a grosgrain rolling pin? If so, what kind is it? Brand, length, where you did you buy it, and how long have you had it? I am trying so hard to find one!

Can we see a picture of your bow loops? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%