Idea For A Luau Party Cake Please

Decorating By mashmellow Updated 5 May 2008 , 6:44pm by Cakesbykaye

mashmellow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashmellow Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 11

Please I need to make a great cake for my sister party, Is a Luau Hawaiian teme, any ideas?

10 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 11

Go into the photo gallery and search for luau. You should get some good ideas from there. I did a luau bridal shower cake. I used the directions for the hut from one of Debbie Brown's books.

HTH
Jean

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:06am
post #3 of 11

I think the flip flop cakes are adorable and perfect for a luau! I am planning on making some flip flop cakes for the teachers at our VBS this year because the theme is Outrigger Island! Just type in flip flop in the search and you will see tons of em!

Bellesweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellesweets Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #4 of 11

A roast pig on a spicket would be awesome and you could make a fire pit with sand around it to make the sand take some white sugar and light brown mix it together and let it dry out really good not covered and there you go

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:12am
post #5 of 11

I did this... it could work for a luau

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1211250.html

kellygray79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellygray79 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:26am
post #6 of 11

How about a sheet cake covered with light brown sugar to look like sand and do a small sculpted cake on one side of flip flops and a lei on the other side of the cake. What a fun theme!!

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:41am
post #7 of 11

Before I found CC I did a Luau cake... half ocean (blue tinted piping gel over the frosting) with sand on the other half. I used crushed nilla wafers for sand. I had made boy/girl NFSC and decorated them to look like hula dancers and had them around the cake. I used the grass tip for the grass skirt and just piped on tank tops and bikini tops. They were super easy to do and were a hit! You can also make fondant surfboards and shells as accent peices. What ever you do it will be fun to do!!

Kim

mashmellow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashmellow Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you, thank you , all for your help, You gave me some grate ideas,
I will post picturs for you to see what came out of this pot of ideas.

GB

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:12pm
post #9 of 11

i did a luau girl that was cute, my fist "real" cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1184942.html

I would make a few changes now but over all i am still happy with it.

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:22pm
post #10 of 11

I made a luau cake last year. I made a sheet cake and then put 2 flipflops on top of the it. I used crushed graham crackers around the flip flops to look like sand. wish I had a picture to post, but I forgot to take one before I delivered it icon_cry.gif

Cakesbykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbykaye Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #11 of 11

Hi.
I just did a Cake Order for a Luau this weekend.
There was alot more I would have LOVED to did to the cake...but this is what was ordered...she just described what she wanted...
so that is just what i did!
I think Fondant Flowers would have been sooo much prettier...but they only wanted a few things made from fondant... and the rest from buttercreme, due to taste!
but I thought I'd share my cake to give you some ideas!
if you want me to email some upclose pictures , just let me know.
it was a 3 tier cake
blue top, pink middle, yellow on bottom.
Used fondant and alphabet cutters to cute the words Happy Birthday Allie and put across the front of each layer.
I made a Big number 3 from fondant and it set on top of the cake between 2 Palm trees I made from Fondant. I made a pair of flip flops and a flower Lei that were laying on top , on each side of the number 3.
I made the Flower Lei thing...by cutting out little circles of fondant in different colors...then using a needle and thread to string them together in a necklace like fashion.

Each tier had grass made from buttercream...and little colored flowers in the grass.
I made little flowers on each layer of the cake...spread out randomly around the sides of the cakes.

Sittin on the bottom layer of the cake was a little girl with clurly blonde hair and a bow in her hair, with dimples in her cheeks and her legs hanging down the side of the cake with bare feet...and she was holding a little orange present in her lap with her hands atop it...she was wearing a purple top and a green grass skirt.. and she was wearing one of the little Flower Leis around her neck as well..... All made from fondant.

Hope this sparks some Ideas!!!
Kaye
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%