What Would You Charge For A Fondant Loopy Bow Topper?

Decorating By knel Updated 5 May 2008 , 6:04am by Steady2Hands

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 4 May 2008 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering if someone would mind sharing what they charged for a fondant loopy bow cake topper. I was thinking around $20, but I don't know if that is too much or not enough....???

If someone else charged me that for a bow I would probably think "You've lost your mind", but having actually made one, I think it might be fair... What do you think?

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2008 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 6

It really does depend on how many loops you put into it.
From what I have read on different boards most charge $20-25 soyou are right in the ballparkicon_smile.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 4 May 2008 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 6

I charge $15 and the bow is usually used on top of a 6in cake.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 May 2008 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 6

i actually use gumpaste.. i cut a round circle, maybe 3-4 inches in diameter.... let that dry hard..... make up my loops.... make 5-7 tails.... some short.... some a little longer..... i put it all together with royal icing..... when it all dries... i use my airbrush.... spray it with pearl dust.... so easy to put on cake and take off..... receiver can keep it .... the pearl dust if mixed with everclear or some kind of alcohol. i charge $30.00 when i make this type of bow. you can make this bow in fondant also , the same way ... and chocolate clay..... you would use melted chocolate to put it all together then. royal icing to put the fondant one together. i make a lot of loops. earlen moore show this gumpaste one in an old american cake decorating magazine . i loved it.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:55am
post #5 of 6

Well considering the loopy bows that are not even edible from Wilton are $18.99 + tax where I live, I'd say no less than $20 for the real deal.

KimAZ

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:04am
post #6 of 6

This post sure helps me. I charge $10. Knowing that the Wilton bows run around $20 is enough to say that a handmade edible bow is worth at least that much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%