Peanut Butter Cup Cake?

Decorating By LisasCakesNM Updated 5 May 2008 , 12:00am by shapeacake

LisasCakesNM Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 4

So when you are making a peanut butter cup cake, do you put the peanut butter in the cake or make it as a filling? What tastes better? Thanks!

3 replies
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

I think you mean "peanut butter cupcake" and not "peanut butter cup" cake, right? If so, I like to make a peanut butter cake batter, fill up the cupcake tins about 1/2-2/3 way full and then put a minute peanut butter cup in the center of the batter, such that the top of the minature cup is in line with the top of the batter. Then I frost with chocolate frosting. Sometimes I put more peanut butter in the frosting.

All and all - I would recommend having the peanut butter in at least a filling or in the frosting. I find that the flavor is too subtle if it's only in the cake.

All this talk about peanut butter is getting me hungry! icon_smile.gif

LisasCakesNM Posted 4 May 2008 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 4

Sorry that was a bit confusing! I meant to say a peanut butter cake! Although I love the cupcake idea too! Many people call the cake they offer peanut butter cup cake like the candy! Sorry about the confusion but thank you for the tips!

shapeacake Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:00am
post #4 of 4

I see. I'd put peanut butter in the batter and in the frosting. I made a cake awhile ago where I combined the following ingredients, poured into 2 large circular cake pans, and then frosted with a peanut butter chocolate frosting. Then I decorated it with crushed peanuts and minature chocolate peanut butter cups.

1 c peanut butter
1 c butter, softened
8 eggs
2 packages yellow butter cake mix
1 1/3 c water

Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%