Creme Brulee Cake Filling

Baking By Woole2 Updated 21 Dec 2012 , 1:51am by sophj

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 9

I was watching the food channel and one of the chefs were making a cake with creme brulee filling. I have never seen this before or tasted it. Does anyone have a recipe for this filling? I really want to try it.

Thanks

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 May 2008 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 9

Have you tried going to Foodnetwork.com and searching for the recipe? If it was a chef that has a show they usually put the recipes up on the site. If it was just someone in a show, then you may not find it there.

Woole2 Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 9

it was a wedding cake challenge

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:21am
post #4 of 9

I have seen people talking about a "creme brulee" filling, its actually just a creme anglaise with gelatin added, or a stovetop creme brulee with gelatin...not sure if this is what you are looking for, hth.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:34am
post #5 of 9

I know what you are talking about, I looked for it too but they did not post the recipe icon_sad.gif what a shame, it looked delicious. icon_cry.gif

Woole2 Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:28am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakebox

I have seen people talking about a "creme brulee" filling, its actually just a creme anglaise with gelatin added, or a stovetop creme brulee with gelatin...not sure if this is what you are looking for, hth.

not really sure what creme anglaise with gelatin added, or a stovetop creme brulee with gelatin is. Is there a recipe for that?

Thanks

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:52am
post #7 of 9

creme anglaise is pastry cream and you should be able to find recipes if you google either terms, I haven't tried stovetop creme brulee so I cant give you any reliable recipes for that, pastry cream is a staple recipe so you shouldn't have any trouble finding that on any recipe site, hth.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 May 2008 , 5:17am
post #8 of 9

I doubt this is what they used for that but I've used the Creme Brulee liquid coffee creamer and added it to cake batter and it was really yummy. I'm quite sure you could add it to buttercream or non dairy whipped topping like Pastry Pride and make a delicious filling.

KimAZ

sophj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophj Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 1:51am
post #9 of 9

Hi 

I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering how I could put the bruleed sugar/caramel part of the creme brulee in the creme anglaise.  Should i just make hard caramel and crumble it in?  Wont that melt and make the frosting runny??  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%