My First Tiered Cakes!

Decorating By Kay_NL Updated 5 May 2008 , 12:31pm by Kortni

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 5

I am happy to present my first two 2-tiered cakes!

The first one is from my Wilton Course 3! I wanted to make navy blue fondant and cover it with ivory roses but I had a hectic week and barely managed to slap this together. Here it is:
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1216843.html

The next one is a birthday cake for a friends daughter, who is very special to us! icon_smile.gif They are having a Teddy Bear Party! This was my first attempt at using fondant accents and my first time modelling with it! Also my first time making MMF, which I was pleased with but had to microwave every time I wanted to work with it. I am still terrible with my writing and I couldn't get the lighting to work for me so the top of the cake is a bit dark. icon_sad.gif

Here it is:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1216844.html

4 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 5

Hi there, both cakes are very pretty. But I like the second cake with the teddy bears. They are so cute. You really have done a great job.

Well Done.

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 5

Very nice Katherine! icon_smile.gif

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks!!

As soon as the doorbell rang for pick up a teddy bear "jumped" off the side! Luckily I had lots of icing to patch him, but he just wasn't the same afterwards... I'm the only one who seeme to notice and got a few new orders from the party! Yay!!

Kortni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kortni Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay_NL

Thanks!!

I'm the only one who seeme to notice and got a few new orders from the party! Yay!!

Congratulations! They are very cute!

As far as mistakes go and having to fix things, I've noticed that ususally I'm the only one who seems to notice my mistakes on a cake! I think I am too hard on myself, after all, they're just going to eat it right!? icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%