Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Decorating By idali Updated 4 May 2008 , 1:02pm by HerBoudoir

idali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idali Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:33am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone, I will be making many choc. covered strawberries for mother's day. I have made them before but since I have to make many how far in advance can I make them? Is there a trick to keep them from leaking? Where can I purchase strawberries with a stem? Is choc. chips melted with a bit of shortening good enough to get a chocolate that will firm up once dry? Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this.

IC icon_smile.gif

2 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:45am
post #2 of 3

I am really carefull to dry the and have them sitting on a paper towel. I also try to do them as close to serving as possible since they do leak. I have found dipping them at room temperature causes more leaking so pop them in the fridge for a quick bit so they set up faster - but not too fast or the chocolate will be brittle.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 3

Yep, you have to do these at the last minute.

I have 2 chocolate mousse pies going out - one today, one tomorrow. I'm going to go do the strawberries for the one that is going out today shortly; I'll do the berries for the one tomorrow later tonight. I would do it tomorrow morning if it were possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%