Rich's Better Creme

Baking By AdorableCakes Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 2:44am by cookie_fun

AdorableCakes Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:43am
post #1 of 12

I am making a cake for my grandson's birthday and he loves whipped topping so I bought rich's better creme. Can I add paste coloring and can I add flavorings.
thumbs_up.gif Thanks, Sandy

11 replies
Melvira Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:58am
post #2 of 12

Absolutely! You can add both. Did you buy the liquid or the prewhipped? Just curious!

kwalsh4 Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:59am
post #3 of 12

Yes you can flavor bettercreme.
I whip up the bettercreme and them I sometimes just add a chocolate syrup to it if I am in a hurry.
Usually I mix half a box of instant pudding with 1/2 cup of half and half that I have added my flavor to the pudding mixture.
For chocolate I use chocolate pudding. For all other flavors I use vanilla pudding or cheesecake pudding. I have added Baileys Irish cream, rum, cocoa Lopez, strawberries ect.
You need to just try different flavors in small amounts till you get the flavor you are after.
Good Luck

AdorableCakes Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:23am
post #4 of 12

Thanks for your replies. I bought the liquid better creme.
thumbs_up.gif Sandy

Melvira Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:39am
post #5 of 12

Awesome! I like that version the best! I squeeze the flavoring right into it before I even start whipping, then turn the mixer on, and add more as needed. You should try adding Hershey's syrup to it for chocolate! It's amazing!! And they have a new strawberry syrup that makes the most delicious, almost cotton candy strawberry flavor! YUM! And you can also use any extract, or Torani-type coffee syrups. You can make a vast range of amazing flavors!! The only problem is trying to narrow down your favorite!!! icon_wink.gif

coffeechick Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:00am
post #6 of 12

Just curious I was wondering where you bought the better cream, been looking have not found it. I live in Louisville, Ky if anybody here might have an idea.

liz2236 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 12

CoffeeChick do you have a GFS marketplace near you? That is where I got mine.

After reading this thread I cannot wait to try it out.

steplite Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:30am
post #8 of 12

How does it hold up in hot weather. Like an outside party? Should it be refrigerated?

Melvira Posted 7 May 2008 , 11:59am
post #9 of 12

Once it's on a cake it can sit out for a few days without requiring refrigeration. As for heat, well, it depends on how hot you're talking! It will stand up to a bit, but not very hot. And not direct shining sunlight, just like buttercream.

Comerio Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:31am
post #10 of 12

I know it's an old topic.. but a good one. I will try mixing it with some raspberry preserves, to use as a cake filling. Strawberry too.

Melvira Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:36am
post #11 of 12

Let us know if you like it. There are skeptics... but I tend to ignore those people. icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

cookie_fun Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:44am
post #12 of 12

If you go to a GFS Marketplace, I found a powdered non-dairy topping there too. I sometimes run out of freezer space to store my bettercreme and I bought some to try as I live 45 minutes from my GFS.
This powdered stuff uses ice water, and when you whip it up it's very similar to bettercreme. It's extremely shelf stable also. In a pinch it's a great alternative to bettercreme, and it can store on your pantry shelf forever. I found it near their baking stuff like pudding mix etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%