San Antonio Decorators!

Decorating By Amia Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 4:39am by ashley_w_101

Amia Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 5

I'm just posting this for informational purposes, in case there are any other San Antonians out there who desperately need a cake supply store. I had posted before the crash to see if anyone could recommend a store and received no replies, so I hope this helps someone. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

There's a place called American Gift Shoppe on Goliad at Pecan Valley. They have tons of stuff! They even stock Satin Ice in lots of colors and 3 different sized tubs (2, 5, and 8 lbs - I think). They also carry: CK products, LorAnn oils, Creme Bouquet, Princess Cake & Cookie emulsion, a huge selection of pans, luster dust, dragees, sanding sugars, edible glitter, Americolor (gel and airbrush), cake dummies and the list goes on and on. They also have pre-made flowers and edible images. I walked out with a $100 less in my pocket. icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif

Terry's on El Monte near I-10 and West was also recommended, but I have yet to visit. Other than those two, I had only heard of Lucy's and that is so far from me and the selection is VERY limited.

4 replies
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 5

Do they have a website for online ordering? The shipping would be next to nothing from there to here.

PastryPrincess13 Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:08am
post #3 of 5

I would also like to know if online ordering is possible. I live in Del Rio. It's so much harder now, with these gas prices, to get to San Antonio for supplies.

ashley_w_101 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:39am
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much amia1024. I am in the NW area; my husband (originally from SA) and I moved here a little less than a year ago. I buy my supplies at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and some online. I have only been to Lucy's, but I found nothing that I needed aside from a few large cake boards. I have just recently been looking for more cake supply business in the area. I can't wait to try this place out! Thank you again...I'm glad I stumbled across this post! icon_biggrin.gif

ashley_w_101 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:39am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much amia1024. I am in the NW area; my husband (originally from SA) and I moved here a little less than a year ago. I buy my supplies at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and some online. I have only been to Lucy's, but I found nothing that I needed aside from a few large cake boards. I have just recently been looking for more cake supply business in the area. I can't wait to try this place out! Thank you again...I'm glad I stumbled across this post! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%