This Is Amazing!

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 4 May 2008 , 2:38pm by Babarooskie

Babarooskie Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 13

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited that I can't hold it in!!

I had an appointment with a culinary school today and I found out that I qualify for a scholarship!!!

The school is originally founded in Peru and now they brought it to Miami. The former Vice President of Peru owns it. I just came from there and met with the Director of Administration. She gave me a tour of the school, kitchen, etc. I AM IN LOVE! Here they teach you Culinary Arts or Baking & Pastry. It's an 8 month program with a certificate given to you once completed. The school itself is opening a restaurant and part of your program includes you working in the restaurant to get hands-on experience. THEN after the 8 months, you have 5 different options for internships.

You can go to Paul Bocuse French school (obviously in France), a culinary school in Italy, one in Barcelona Spain, one in Lima Peru, and the other one in Disney (Florida). The only internship they pay you for is Disney. You will work in Disney for about 3 months (paid), and once you finish that- Disney may hire you! If not, you get another certificate stating you did the internship at Disney.

Classes start in August. I can't wait!!!
Oh, did I mention that the classrooms have a TV with cameras that will show students in class in Peru at the same time? I will be in class and learning the same thing with students in Peru via camera! How awesome is that!!

Sorry everyone, I'm just jumping out of my seat. I have been looking for a culinary school nearby my house and affordable and now I found it.
They also guarantee that they will find you a job after your program.

I have been waiting for this for a long time. I'm so excited!
Thanks for letting me share =)

12 replies
KASCARLETT Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 13

That is more than amazing! That is a DREAM!!! Congratulations!!

kansaswolf Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 13

Congrats! I'm starting to think about going to school too, so I'm really excited for you! icon_biggrin.gif

EmmyD Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 13

that is so exciting!! I am so happy for you, it is good to see that there is something like that in Florida. I hope it is everything that you hope it will be. I am always excited for people when they get to do what they really want to do!

Bossy Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 13

How wonderful! I see your in my home town too.

fiddlesticks Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 13

Congrats ! How exciting is that !!!!! good luck, I hope its everything you want it to be and more ! ENJOY !!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 13

That is so amazing! I'm so excited for you! Lots of luck and all the best! Wow!

Mike1394 Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:14pm
post #8 of 13

Very cool. That's awesome.

Look into interning at Disney though. From what I've heard from others that interned over past summers. The money they give you will basically pay for food, and rent.

Mike

Babarooskie Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:36pm
post #9 of 13

Thank you all so much!!!

I cant wait!!

MessiET Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:27am
post #10 of 13

How exciting!! Congratulations! I wish you the best.

And then, you are are getting married!!! Well, congratulations again!

vteventrider Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:50am
post #11 of 13

You have so many wonderful things occuring this year. Congrats on school! What a wonderful opportunity to follow your dream!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:15am
post #12 of 13

congratulations! that is fantastic news! icon_smile.gif

Babarooskie Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:38pm
post #13 of 13

I know this year is going to be a busy one!

With the wedding, school, graduating, a possible internship at Disney...this is ridiculously amazing. And hubby is being VERY supportive along with my Father who says he will help me financially.

I can't ask for anything else!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%