How High Can I Go?

Decorating By kimmyboo925 Updated 4 May 2008 , 12:52am by kimberlina25

kimmyboo925 Posted 3 May 2008 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 2

Hey guys... Doing my first tiered cake today..... baked cakes yesterday. When I was taking my 14' round out of the pan yesterday it tore on the top and so... not wanting to have the cake look bad, I started over. Well when I did it again i forgot to fill the core with batter so when I looked into the oven I saw it floating in the batter that was half baked already.... icon_mad.gif needless to say I left it alone and let it cook. So now I have the tore 14' the other 14' a 10' and a 6'. I filled with cookies and cream buttercream and made the 14' one 4 layers of cake and 3 buttercream.... its sooo heavy, and I still have to put the fondant onto it... Is there a chance that it will cave in or somthing from being too heavy... I think maybe I should have put half the cake on another cake board... too late now... Help....

1 reply
kimberlina25 Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:52am
post #2 of 2

if i am reading this right, no, i don't think the cake will collapse in on itself, but if the other tiers are as heavy, you will def. want to dowel well and put a cardboard in between the layers so it doesn't sink into the tier below it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%