Playboy Bunny Cake

Decorating By nikkig5959 Updated 4 May 2008 , 1:40am by indydebi

nikkig5959 Posted 3 May 2008 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 6

I got asked to do a playboy bunny cake for a birthday party but apparently the pans are impossible to find. So I am going to attempt to cut it out. I was thinking of using a slab cake to cut out the shape of the head and then 1 or 2 round cakes to do the ears. Any advice??? And should i cover the ears and head seperalty with fondant or try to cover the whole thing at once??

5 replies
Cake_Princess Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkig5959

I got asked to do a playboy bunny cake for a birthday party but apparently the pans are impossible to find. So I am going to attempt to cut it out. I was thinking of using a slab cake to cut out the shape of the head and then 1 or 2 round cakes to do the ears. Any advice??? And should i cover the ears and head seperalty with fondant or try to cover the whole thing at once??

First of all, how big are you planning on make the cake?

Off hand I would think it would be much easier to carve the cake from a sheet cake instead of having to make rounds. Or if you are really set on using rounds and a sheet why not carve the head from the rounds then use the sheet for the ears and bow tie? Does that sort of make sense?

As for the fondant question, I personally would cover it in one piece.

CakeDiva73 Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 6

How funny....I came across one a couple of years ago and sold it on eBay!

nikkig5959 Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:33am
post #5 of 6

I wanted to make it pretty big. I am thinking that it might be best to carve it out of a sheet cake! We will see how it goes....I know there are some pans on ebay but i didn't have enough time to get one (the cake is getting picked up tomorrow night) plus they are going for quite a bit of $$.

indydebi Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:40am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkig5959

... plus they are going for quite a bit of $$.

Unfortunately, the discontinued ones always do. I paid over $50 for the mini-3-tier-set because I wanted it that bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%