Edible Cake Printer...

Decorating By Dru329 Updated 6 May 2008 , 7:27pm by psanders76

Dru329 Posted 3 May 2008 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 10

For those that use edible cake printers...which is one that you would recommend? I'm looking into purchasing one but want to make the best choice for my money.
Also if you have any tips and/or techiques that you woudn't mind sharing with me on how to get the best picture, how to apply the picture on the cake, etc. TYIA

9 replies
bearcreek350 Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 10

I love my Epson C88. Got it for under $100. I think it was actually about $80 from Staples. I get my inks from KopyKake. Their web site shows you which inks to buy and they have the sheets to print on also. HTH

Dru329 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:05am
post #3 of 10

So you're saying that I can just purchase any printer and then go to that website to get the things I need for printing?

Dru329 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:05am
post #4 of 10

So you're saying that I can just purchase any printer and then go to that website to get the things I need for printing?

jessienj Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 10

i am almost certain any Canon printer will do, BUT it can never have been used with regular ink. In other words, it has to be new. I think from reading other threads I'd stick to the 4 ink tank printers, since it seems those with 6 tanks don't really need the extra 2.
I have a Canon i550. I've had it for like 5 years now. My yellow is always giving me problems though. When it works its great. When it doesn't, i want to throw it out the window.
You can now use Epson printers too - not sure if you're restricted to certain models. If I was going to purchase a new printer today I would go with the Epson. I have an Epson for regular printing and have always preferred them to Canon. JMHO

Dru329 Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks so much for your help...I will definitely keep this in mind. thumbs_up.gif

tiggy2 Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 10

Any printer WILL NOT work. You should check kopykake or icingimages site and see which ones they carry cartridges for. i have an epson and I love it. It has never clogged on me and it sits for months at a time without being used.

renee2007 Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:00pm
post #8 of 10

I just recently purchased the epson cx7400 on amazon for 58.00 with shipping included. if you look at my photos I just did a skateboard, rollerblade cake for his birthday using my edible ink printer. I love it, at least so far. lol.

deanwithana Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:27pm
post #9 of 10

I just bought a brand new, never used Canon IP3500 off of eBay for $30.00 (shipping included) and went to Kopy Kake and ordered the edible ink and paper for around $86 with shipping.....my whole set up will be a final price of $116. I read somewhere that someone on CC loved this printer. I have no feedback on it as I have the printer but am waiting on the ink and paper!!!!

psanders76 Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:27pm
post #10 of 10

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%