Tornadoes

Lounge By veejaytx Updated 12 May 2008 , 9:28pm by tracycakes

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 3 May 2008 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 9

Sure hope all our CC friends are present and accounted for with all the tornadoes that have done so much damage the last couple of days.

If you live in the areas affected, please post a note so we might be able to see if everyone is okay.

8 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:12am
post #2 of 9

I wondered the same thing, and said a prayer. Terrible......

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 9

My thoughts and prayers are with them also.
I'm sure there is lots of electric probelems that many of them w/not be able to post.
I'm on OK and the last few nights have been really bad. A 5th wheel trailer isn't very stableicon_sad.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 9

I didn't have a tornado at my house, but there was one that was close to me. We ended up having 80 mile an hour straight line winds. It took down 2 trees in our back yard. What makes no sense to me is my lawn chairs didn't even move. Strange!

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 9

From a comunity that is still recovering, our prayers are with those that have been hit.

CoveredInCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoveredInCake Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:40am
post #6 of 9

We just hide out in our storm shelter. I'm chicken so I make hte family go down when it looks like the warnings are even headed our way. LOL We've got so many creature comforts in our shelter I'm shocked we don't hold parties down there. Don't worry for this CCer I'll be in my hole. icon_biggrin.gif I'm a scaredy-cat.

veejaytx Posted 10 May 2008 , 8:17am
post #7 of 9

We are really having the storms and tornadoes this year! I worry every time there are new ones that someone from CC was in the area and having a hard time. Pray that everyone comes through this season of bad weather with family and home intact and unhurt!

veejaytx Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 9

OH No! More tornadoes, and several deaths, how awful! I feel so bad for the families losing loved ones, their homes and possessions, all along with the stress and trauma. Many prayers going to all of them.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:28pm
post #9 of 9

We've had several tornadoes near us but we've been very blessed with no damage at our house. We've been through north Arkansas and some areas were just devastated. There is one town (Clinton) that we were driving through and the entire right side of the highway and been completely wiped clean, no houses, no trees, no grass...just dirt for about a 3 block stretch. And this was just 1 small area.

Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%