What I've Learned On Cc

Decorating By Gatorfan01

Gatorfan01 Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 1

Before I first decided to learn to decorate cakes I (hanging head in shame) icon_redface.gif admit I was a grocery store bakery shopper. I never really realized that REAL cakes were available.

My son is getting married on Sunday. I was going to do the groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner tonight. Due to my inexperience, I got overwhelmed with wanting it to be "perfect" and "special". Now, before CC I would have rushed to Wal-Mart or the grocery store and ordered a mass produced generic cake just to be able to serve something at this dinner. Nope, not anymore.

Yesterday, I called several local bakeries and found one that actually answered the phone. Right off the bat, I apologized for the "short notice" but I was desperate for a cake for Saturday. Could they accommodate me? She checked with her baker and said if I wanted an white, yellow, butter or pound cake she could do it. Chocolate wasn't available. Fine with me, son doesn't like chocolate cake. So I explain to the lady what this is for and what I'd like but tell her several times "I'm flexible and want a nice cake but I know it's late notice." She was very accommodating and I think when I go to the bakery this afternoon I am going to be VERY pleased with my cake. Son wants a strawberry cake and this bakery had ordered an extra flat of berries and she was glad to be able to use them up and they are going to chocolate dip them for me and I "may" even get some done like tuxedos! icon_lol.gif I am so excited.

My future daughter was upset that I didn't make her a cake for her bachelorette party last night. icon_wink.gif

Thank you all for all the threads about mass produced cakes, customers that are rude and call at the last minute wanting cakes and everything else. And I wasn't surprised when she asked for my CC # in advance. I very happily gave it to her. thumbs_up.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%