Cake Circles Vs. Pizza Circles

Decorating By MnSnow Updated 3 May 2008 , 1:32pm by QueenBee1

MnSnow Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 5

Is there any difference? I can get pizza circles alot cheaper than cake circles. Anyone ever use them?

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 5

Yep, I used pizza sq cardboards for a couple of yrs when I had my 1st cake shop. That was the only way Icould get sqs w/o having to cut them.
Just like cake boards, there are different thicknesses. The larger ones might need to have 2 glued together.

CakeDiva73 Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

Great idea....where do you get them? Do you ask your local shop or do you have an 'in' with someone? icon_smile.gif

MnSnow Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:24am
post #4 of 5

There is a restraunt supply store near me that has them in stock at killer prices. 1 case of 100 8" circles is only $8.42 for the pizza circles and the cheapest cake circles I found were from paper mart. Their prices were for 8" case $15.00.

Papermart 14"--$33.00
Restraunt Supply 14"--$16.42

This restraunt Supply store website is www.strategicequipment.com
They have many branches. They are located in Georgia,Tennessee,Texas,Minnesota,and Florida.
They have a distribution center about 15 miles from me so I can save on shipping.

QueenBee1 Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for this post. I was wondering about this too. I noticed that my restaurant supply doesn't sell round cake boards, but they do have pizza circles. I will definitely check these out the next time I'm shopping there.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%