American Cake Decorating Magazine Subscribers

Decorating By ogolds Updated 7 May 2008 , 3:30am by sweetideas

ogolds Posted 2 May 2008 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 20

I'm just curious....are there any subscribers out there who haven't received their April/May issues or am I the only one? I'm a new subscriber--signed up in January--and I have yet to receive an issue. I emailed them in mid April and they told me that my subscription started with this issue which was mailed April 11. I know their website has disclaimers about how long it can take to receive a magazine, but it's now been 3 weeks. I just wanted to know if everyone else has already received theirs....

Thanks!

19 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 May 2008 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 20

I haven't received mine yet!!! Soon I hope!!

costumeczar Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 20

I haven't received mine either. Sometimes it takes three weeks or so to get to you, it says on the ACD website.

LisaR64 Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 20

It took over 5 months for me to get my first issue of ACD. After the first couple months, I contacted them and was told I was "on the list" for the next issue, but of course it never arrived. Month after month I'd call, they would make promises, and nothing would show up. Finally after 22 weeks, I got tired of it and wrote and told them to just cancel my subscription and return my money (which they had had for over 22 weeks by then). Miraculously....my first issue arrived days later. I did keep the subscription because it is a great magazine, but I don't have much good to say about their customer service.

born2bake Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:22am
post #5 of 20

different type of question regarding ACD magazines. Are they worth the money? I've thought about subscribing to this but wasn't sure. I can't find this magazine locally and don't want to put the money in to the subscription, may not like it and go through the mess of cancelling it.

Thanks for your feedback.

B2B

ogolds Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:08am
post #6 of 20

OK, thanks! I feel a little better now that I'm not the only one! I run out to mailbox everyday hoping it will be there. I guess I'll just be surprised one day! icon_smile.gif

bostonterrierlady Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #7 of 20

I received mine.

lomikesa Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:54am
post #8 of 20

I received my April/May issue a week ago, but I remember it took like 4 months for me to get my first issue after subscribing.

Lomikesa

diane Posted 3 May 2008 , 6:30am
post #9 of 20

i just ordered mine last week. i don't mind waiting, but i sure hope it gets here when it should. icon_confused.gif

diane Posted 3 May 2008 , 6:31am
post #10 of 20

i just ordered mine last week. i don't mind waiting, but i sure hope it gets here when it should. icon_confused.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 7:00am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomikesa

I received my April/May issue a week ago, but I remember it took like 4 months for me to get my first issue after subscribing.

Lomikesa

Same here! It was a decent wait for the first one, but once I started getting them, it's been like clockwork. I thoroughly enjoy the magazine most months. Some issues are better than others. Also, I just received about a week ago, my first issue of Mailbox News (I'm pretty sure that's the correct name. Forgive me if my memory is faulty.). This publication is like a compliment to ACD. It was better than I had expected, so now I'm looking forward to recieving both publications!

desertm Posted 3 May 2008 , 7:01am
post #12 of 20

Well, it seems that they work really slow. I subscribed in November 2007, and got my first issue in April, after corresponding with a very nice lady in Customer Service, who set things straight (I live in Israel and they sent the mags to Italy!!). The magazine is really good. I am not happy with the Mailbox News. It is just a collection of photos of cakes, generally not the highest quality of work. Nothing else in it.
Just for the sake of it, I subscribed also to Cake & Sugarcraft, published in England, and I love it! They are much more efficient. First issue of the subscription arrived in a few days.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 7:44am
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertm

Well, it seems that they work really slow. I subscribed in November 2007, and got my first issue in April, after corresponding with a very nice lady in Customer Service, who set things straight (I live in Israel and they sent the mags to Italy!!). The magazine is really good. I am not happy with the Mailbox News. It is just a collection of photos of cakes, generally not the highest quality of work. Nothing else in it.
Just for the sake of it, I subscribed also to Cake & , published in England, and I love it! They are much more efficient. First issue of the subscription arrived in a few days.

Good to know regarding the British publication. I've been thinking about getting a subscription. Thanks.

ladyonzlake Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:23am
post #14 of 20

Born2bake...I love my ACD and yes it's worth the money...there are lots of great techniques in there that have helped me out. I also get Mailbox News that I'm not so impressed with. If you're gonna spend the money just get ACD.

born2bake Posted 6 May 2008 , 11:37pm
post #15 of 20

Ladyonzlake - Thank you. This helps me decide.

Emmerdoo Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:41am
post #16 of 20

ogolds,

I am in the same boat as yourself. I haven't received my magazines and I signed up in January as well. Oh well, I shall wait patiently.

Happy Caking,
Em

nanny4 Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:56am
post #17 of 20

I too had a slight delivery problem about a year or so ago and I did speak with a wonderful lady in customer service for ACD magazine. She explained they were making some changes at that time and so far since then I've received mine pretty regularly. I love both the ACD & Mailbox News. I also enjoy the magazine type newsletter I receive from being an ICES member too, I think this is 10-11 issues a year with membership.
They're all really great publications. thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:58am
post #18 of 20

I've heard ACD is real slow like that. I just get their Monthly Slice online. It's free.

Cassie2500 Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:05am
post #19 of 20

Oh no!! I wanted to subscribe back in January but didn't have the money at the time (things have been VERY tight with a new baby and all) so I put it off. Now hearing that they are slow, I wish I had. Maybe this paycheck I can.

sweetideas Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:30am
post #20 of 20

I bought a subscription for my sister...but I really wish I had checked it out through the library first. Ironically, I got some free old issues through Freecycle that I adore...they used to have a lot more information in them for decorators like me (someone just learning) as well as the more professional techniques. And some great recipes. But one thing that I did notice about them is that they don't give subscribers who reorder their subscription any discounts the way that other publications do. I have to pay exactly what I paid last year (I don't know of any discounts for CC members, do they have one?).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%