Decorating By sugaah Updated 3 May 2008 , 2:08pm by Melvira

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 28

Yeah - look - I'm a Junior Member now! Oh boy oh boy!!!

27 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 2 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 28

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Congrats! I just made it to "frequent member" myself icon_lol.gif Woo-hoo!

psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 2 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 28

Congrats!!!!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 2 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 28

Awesome! Now just wait until you're a completely addicted psycho like me! Hehehehe!! icon_surprised.gif

Amia Posted 2 May 2008 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Awesome! Now just wait until you're a completely addicted psycho like me! Hehehehe!! icon_surprised.gif

Is that the next level up from "Forum Superstar? "Addicted Psycho"? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif If so, count me in! And congrats on your baby!!! I just had my second boy in January, and haven't slept since. icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Is that the next level up from "Forum Superstar? "Addicted Psycho"? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif If so, count me in! And congrats on your baby!!! I just had my second boy in January, and haven't slept since. icon_biggrin.gif

Yah, I think that's the next step! icon_lol.gif

Congrats on your little alarm clock!! I don't imagine I'll sleep much for the next year or more. My first didn't sleep through the night until he was 18 months!! Ugh!!

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 28

Congrats!
Talking about sleeping through the night and new babies. I'm hoping to sleep MORE once my little one arrives. I'm so HUGE and get up to pee so often that I'm barely sleeping in 1-2 hours stretches now anyway icon_smile.gif

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:11pm
post #8 of 28

clap clap clap on the status.. now go for more..lol

Amia Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:27pm
post #9 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

Yah, I think that's the next step! icon_lol.gif

Congrats on your little alarm clock!! I don't imagine I'll sleep much for the next year or more. My first didn't sleep through the night until he was 18 months!! Ugh!!

OMG! 18 months! icon_eek.gif And you still had energy to create such perfect cakes? Wow, you're like SuperMom! icon_smile.gif My oldest spoiled me, he slept through the night at 2 mos.

And sorry to hijack your thread sugaah!

Melvira Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:34pm
post #10 of 28

amia1024... you're in line for a beating! icon_lol.gif 2 months? Sheesh!!

alisoncooks, I know what you mean about the constant peeing! Grrr!

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:38am
post #11 of 28

For those of you who'd like a bit of sleep when bub arrives, you need a book called On Becoming Babywise. Open this link and scroll down nearly to the bottom of the page and you'll find it
http://www.gfi.org/java/jsp/cust_store.jsp

My 3 boys were all sleeping through the night by 2 months (9 weeks was the latest!) and it is REALLY REALLY worth following!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:39am
post #12 of 28

keep on postin'!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:43am
post #13 of 28

Mel, Since I can run faster than you right now I'll be a brat and say that my twins were sleeping almost thru the night by the time they were three weeks old. And by thru the night I mean from their 11:00 pm feeding to 6-7:00 am. Sorry................... but you ladies just made me thankful for that blessing all over again. Ã

Melvira Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:45am
post #14 of 28

Thank you scgriffiths! I will have to look into that. Anything that helps! Sheesh, my first was a nightmare for sleeping! But he was the perfect child in every other way (still is)! He was an absolute dream until you tried to put him to bed.

Melvira Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:48am
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

Mel, Since I can run faster than you right now I'll be a brat and say that my twins were sleeping almost thru the night by the time they were three weeks old. And by thru the night I mean from their 11:00 pm feeding to 6-7:00 am. Sorry................... but you ladies just made me thankful for that blessing all over again. Ã

OH THAT IS IT!!! Your butt is grass and I'm a lawnmower!!! icon_lol.gif And for your info, I don't think you could outrun me... my mom says I'm the quickest moving pregnant lady she's ever seen! At 9 months pregnant with my first I could still jog across the parking lot. It blew her mind! The other day I was power walking and she was amazed! icon_wink.gif Pretty good for a chubb-o!! hehehehe!

NrsL22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NrsL22 Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:58am
post #16 of 28

Ok so someone please tell me how to get off newbie status and go to the next level. I have been getting on here every day for a long time, but it doesn't go up.
And bless your hearts on the babies, as I remember so very well the long nights,but they grow up as my baby is 17 years old now!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:05am
post #17 of 28

Congrats! But now you'll just want more....more...more...

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:06am
post #18 of 28

My daughter was six weeks old when she first slept through the night.

Congratulations to you both on expecting...best wishes for healthy babies!

I recently found out my soon to be step-daughter is due in november....I'm WAY to young to be a grandma!!!

NrsL22: your status will change after you post more to the threads in here. I think its 30 or 50 posts for the first change.

Melvira Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:07am
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrsL22

Ok so someone please tell me how to get off newbie status and go to the next level. I have been getting on here every day for a long time, but it doesn't go up.

It's all based on how many posts you make. The more you post, the higher your rank goes. So, I guess you could say you get rewarded for being yappy like me! icon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:08am
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlg

Congratulations to you both on expecting...best wishes for healthy babies!

I recently found out my soon to be step-daughter is due in november....I'm WAY to young to be a grandma!!!

Hey congrats!! And thank you!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:17am
post #21 of 28

I been posting more in here this last few days than doing the actual cakes!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:15am
post #22 of 28

congrats on the babies on their way. my daughter is now 20 months and i remember wishing she would sleep through the night and finally she did at 7 weeks. I guess I was blessed now that I look back and a lot of other friends babies are 9-10 months and don't.

i was happy to recently move up in my rank. if you look at the top at the tab that says ranks and click on that it will explain it. have fun in the forums!

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 3 May 2008 , 3:03am
post #23 of 28

Congrats! I was excited when I got mine also, cant wait to get he next

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:44am
post #24 of 28

If you click on the "Ranks" above it will tell you when you get a new rank. Junior member is after 20 posts.

Amia Posted 3 May 2008 , 5:29am
post #25 of 28

scgriffiths, thanks for the link...I was about to put my kids up for sale on eBay, but I think I'll try your book first. icon_smile.gif It's so true when they say that every baby is so different! I hope this book can help! My first slept through the night at 2 months, was in his own room and everything, and at 8 mos I could just lay him in his crib wide awake and he'd put himself to sleep. My newest, not so much. icon_sad.gif

Jenlg, you're never too young to be a grandma these days. Congrats, by the way! My BIL dated a girl who had her first kid when she was 12. Yes, TWELVE! She's 17 now and pregnant with #2! icon_eek.gif

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:13am
post #26 of 28

oohhh...i just looked at the rankings tab and saw that I'm 5 away from a new level...now, hmmmm.....what else can I reply to today (4 to go, haha). just kidding.

to the op--I remember how excited I was to no longer be a "newbie"--eeesh. with that title, i felt like i was back in like 9th grade or something icon_smile.gif

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:52pm
post #27 of 28
Quote:

scgriffiths, thanks for the link...I was about to put my kids up for sale on eBay, but I think I'll try your book first. icon_smile.gif It's so true when they say that every baby is so different! I hope this book can help! My first slept through the night at 2 months, was in his own room and everything, and at 8 mos I could just lay him in his crib wide awake and he'd put himself to sleep. My newest, not so much. icon_sad.gif

Jenlg, you're never too young to be a grandma these days. Congrats, by the way! My BIL dated a girl who had her first kid when she was 12. Yes, TWELVE! She's 17 now and pregnant with #2! icon_eek.gif

Ok, that's young. I'm only 32...and now a soon to be grandma..ugh!! My fiance has a "few" *cough, cough* years on me and he started young when he had his daughter. Now my 12 yr old is going to be an aunt! Strange this all is!

Melvira Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:08pm
post #28 of 28

Jenlg, I know where you're coming from!! I was 9 when I became an aunt for the first time! icon_eek.gif Needless to say I was more like a sister to the baby! (We even lived together because my sis was so young.) But I worshipped the ground he walked on! (When I wasn't busy being jealous over all the attention!) hahahaha!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%