Any Success W/ Getting Homemade Fondant White?

Decorating By Yomomma Updated 15 May 2008 , 2:18pm by Candes

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone been sucessful in getting MMF white or do I need to face facts and order Satin Ice? I have seen buttercream turn whiter w/ adding a faint amount of purple, will this work w/ MMF too?

Are the homemade fondant recipes (not MMF) w/ glucose, corn syrup, glycerin etc. all the same off white color as MMF or are they white?

4 replies
Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 5

I've made MMF twice and it's always white. What color are you getting? icon_confused.gif

I use white marshmellows, white PS, white crisco and light colored corn syrup.

I think the general rule is violet to get rid of yellow tint to make white. I've never tried it but I think it applies to anything.

Yomomma Posted 2 May 2008 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 5

Well, I thought my MMF was white too until I set the all white wedding cake topper next to it and suddenly ahh, not so white! kwim? Now I'm rethinking this. I didn't want to purchase fondant since this wedding cake is my gift to them and having 20lbs of fondant shipped to my home is maybe more than I wanted to swing. I'll buy fondant if I have to but was hoping to make it from scratch.

Yomomma Posted 14 May 2008 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

Well, I'm back to answer my own question! Yes, Yes, YES and a happy dance!- Yea! Adding a tiny bit of violet helped to make my MM fondant whiter. Downside is I've already hand made 300 (3/8") pearls (Earline's method) that I'll need to do over in this new color but hey!...I'm thrilled I could overcome the problem!!! thumbs_up.gif

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 5

Yay! icon_biggrin.gif Bummer you have to redo 300 pearls though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%