Help! I Can't Find My Bride!!!!!!

Decorating By lynseyg2002 Updated 11 May 2008 , 8:54am by lynseyg2002

lynseyg2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 9

I have made a wedding cake and bridal flowers for a bride who was originally getting married in January 09, but the couple decided to bring the wedding forward . The bride told me in August so this wasn't a problem as everything was ready. My problem is that they are getting married in Mexico and are due to fly out on Sunday, and i still have her flowers because I can't find her. I tried phoning her , texting her and even phoning the woman who recommended me to her, but no luck. My only other option now is to go out tonight and hope I can find her house as I now have her address. What else can I do if I can't find her? I can't let her get married without any flowers!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

8 replies
jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 9

Do you have any relatives phone numbers...mother or mother in law? Work number? All else fails I'd go ahead with the address. Good luck!!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 9

Did she pay you?

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 9

did she pay for the flowers? If so, then dont worry about it, you did your part now its up to her. A store wouldnt go hunting her down, so you shouldnt have to either.

If she owes you money then its your call...
good luck!

lynseyg2002 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 9

I don't have any other contact numbers for her, but yes she has paid me, she paid for everything in August. I just keep thinking if it was me I wouldn't want to get married without my flowers. I just hope that nothing bad has happend! Maybe she has changed phones and lost my number? I don't know!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 9

When my cousin got married about 7 months ago in Mexico she tried to bring in her own flowers she had had done and the customs people wouldn't allow it. I don't know if yours are silk but maybe she found out if they're real that she couldn't bring them into the country. I hope that you find her. That's the only thing I can think of. Also, she wasn't allowed to bring her bouquet back into the US because the flowers were live.

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 9

did she pick up the cake. You just need to let her deal with it. Unless her house is really close to yours I wouldn't go after them. She may have plans to pick them up later today. When we do pickups I always set up a certain time day. If you don't people just think you will wait on them until whenever. I actually had a client tell me she would pick up her cake sometime in the afternoon on a Sat. Thinking I would have plenty of time to enjoy a nice evening out with some friends and my husband I made plans for dinner and a movie got a babysitter and everything. The client did not show up until 8pm. to get her cake. I tried to call her over and over again to get her wedding cake. Because it was a large cake and she had not paid for it my husband went out with our friends an I had to meet up them later. I was so angry when she arrived to get the cake I actually kinda yelled at her. She told me she had forgotten to have her husband pick up the cake earlier and she wasn't able to call me back because she was at work. She didn't even apologize. Needless to say I know tell all my customers that they need to pick up there cake at the time we decide or I am not responsible for them receiving it if they are late. I tell them I just don;t have time to wait around for them. It sounds harsh but I no longer worry about this kinda stuff anymore. I also require all cakes over $75 to be paid for in full before I make the cake.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 9

Did she pick up her flowers?

Just wondering....

lynseyg2002 Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:54am
post #9 of 9

No, I managed to find her. I 've posted a new thread saying what happend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%