Strawberry Shortcake???

Decorating By lnb19 Updated 3 May 2008 , 2:01am by Bakingbythebeach

lnb19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lnb19 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a really good recipe for strawberry shortcake? I have tried searching for it, but most of the recipes that i have found are for biscuits and I really want to make the layered cake. Also is the "shortcake" used in most strawberry shortcakes really a sponge cake????

3 replies
sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 4

Typically it's a sponge cake. I don't have a regular recipe for it, but I do know of a cake/filling combo that tastes like strawberry shortcake. LOL. Use the WBH white cake, fresh strawberry filling (from CC), and Wilton's BC (all shortening, beat until light and fluffy). Tastes like a very rich shortcake. Good luck on your search icon_smile.gif

lnb19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lnb19 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for responding. Is there another whipped bc I can use? I don't like Wilton's. Does anyone else have suggestions?

Bakingbythebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbythebeach Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #4 of 4

OK>>>Here's a top secret Buttercream recipe that I am about to post on the WORLD WIDE WEB! What am I thinking! This is so good, but kinda expensive.
3 pounds power sugar
1/2 pound unsalted real butter (Not marg.) room temp
6 oz cream cheese room temp
1 cup solid shortening (Crisco)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

Put wet items into mixer bowl and then add sugar. cover bowl with a big bath towel so you don't have nicely dusted cabinets in your kitchen. Hold towel still and begin mixer slowly. As you can feel the ingredients are combined, remove the towel and mix about 5 minutes. This is simply the best BC I have ever had and never again will I ever subject my poor family to Wilton BC. Happy Baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%