Tinkerbell Cake How Do I Get This Right?

Decorating By catin Updated 4 May 2008 , 1:39am by shapeacake

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter wants a Tinkerbell Cake for her 14th birthday which is in July . But I like to prep and organize way in advance . She asked if I could make the Cake in 3D form . Can some one help me out on this one . I've been searching the site alot lately and i haven't came across any 3D Forms of Tinkerbell to give me some references.

I was thinking on stacking some cakes and carving it down to have her shape but I need some directions on how to gets this just right. I'm a little confussed on what size of cake would be right to stack and carve .

Anyone Please !

Thank you,
Julie

4 replies
catin Posted 2 May 2008 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone !!!

Bakingbythebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbythebeach Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #3 of 5

I'm doing a Tink cake next week, but mine is two tier with a fondant Tink on top. I havn't ran across any 3D Tink either. Do a search on the web for a site called Tinkfanatic. There's so much stuff on there, you may find what your looking for. Happy Baking!

catin Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 5

Ok , My daughter just came up with this . She wants me (if possible) to recreate this candle without the name plate , for her cake .

Can anyone please help . Is it possible? and How? Need directions .

I really want to recreate this for her.
LL

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 5

Catin,

That looks like a pretty complicated cake design. I would suggest using Shape-A-Cake Clay. You can press the clay into the bottom of a pan and essentially form an inverse mold of Tink. Then pour cake batter over the clay. See the website below for more details.

The clay is easiest to use when there are relatively simple features that should pop out of the cake (see the video demos on the website below). Given the complexity of Tink, I would recommend practicing a cake before the event to get a feel for how much clay is needed around the edges of features and how to form features that aren't too sharp, thereby trapping the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%