Help The Pricing Cake

Decorating By wendalynn11 Updated 3 May 2008 , 2:05am by fmcmulle

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 5

I hate to do this but I can't seem to get any advise on how to price this cake and I need to send an invoice the the client. It is 10 x 8 (serves 60) with fondant and fondant accents and the face is chocolate. Any advise would be appreciated. I am actually charging my cost ($40) but then invoicing the rest to be donated to charity so I would like to invoice what it is worth. Thanks!!!

I can't figure out how to attach a pic but it is the Mickey picture in my pictures.

4 replies
kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 5

In My area, that cake would be worth $120, but I think I would personally charge aywhere from $180 to $210 ($3 or $3.50/serving)- your fondant accents and Mickey are SLOT of work, don't underestimate. It is an adorable cake by the way! thumbs_up.gif

aandecakedesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandecakedesign Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 5

CUTE CAKE!! DEFINATELY $150 OR MORE.

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 2 May 2008 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the pricing help, I never know what to charge. I don't have a license to do this so I only charge for supplies and then ask the clients to donate what they feel is fair based on the going rate for the cake to my favorite charity. This one was hard because I wasn't sure what to charge for the Mickey face (I actually had to do it twice, the first time the ears fell off!)

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:05am
post #5 of 5

What anadorable cake that is!! I love it.
I would also charge $3-$3.50 per serving. It is well worth it.
Faye

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%