Cake Ideas -- Help Please!

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 3 May 2008 , 5:42am by nikki72905

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 2 May 2008 , 8:24am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!

I need help coming up with some ideas.

1. Is my husband's birthday is coming up May 19th We will celebrate on the 20/21st because this is when he will be home. (he's a truck driver) I just don't know what to do for him, it will be a small cake, as we both do not need a huge cake hanging around the house... he loves coconut cream, and anything chocolate. I was thinking about doing a white cake with coconut cream filling, and do a basket weave design on the outside of the cake ... (I'm dying to try this)

2. I am planning a trip to see my mom. I would like to make her a cake, she has yet to taste my yummy treats, and I would also like to make cupcakes for her friends at work, I just don't know what to make... I want something really yummy and tasty. I send my mom pictures of the cakes that I have made. Yesterday she asked me if I made anything else yet. I said no, because I really don't have anything to make one for.

Thanks for all who have ideas ... all are welcome!

Nikki

2 replies
kicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kicky Posted 2 May 2008 , 9:37am
post #2 of 3

I found a receipie ofr lime and coconut cup cakes that looks fab that i'm dying to try. I think you just add in decicated coconut and some fresh lime juice and cest. I'll find the receipie and post it on. With all different flowers matching a cake for your mum.
For the basket weave could'nt you put it on your mum's cake and make it into a big basket of flowers.

Your husband what does he like to do in his spare time. Or you could do something along the lines of a cake with a tyre models perhaps some tools, his favorite mug that he has in his cab or models of other things he takes on his travels.

hope this helps a little.

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 3 May 2008 , 5:42am
post #3 of 3

hmm, DH loves hockey and racing .... but the cake is going to be very small... I am just not sure what to do,.. He is so NID (not into details, he really wouldnt care if there was a cake at all)

That is a good idea for my mom, a basket of flowers... I haven't tried any flowers yet ... now the questions is mmf, bc or ri ... LOL Really have only tried MMF duff roses at this point. I have the stuff to do BC roses... but just haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll whip up a batch of icing and start practicing. and for her friends I'll do cupcakes with flowers on them... Ought to be interesting as it is a four hour drive to see my moma ...

I can't wait to see her though icon_smile.gif

I was going to work a lot of overtime before and after the week that I would be going to make up for the time I would miss for work (i currently already work 6 days a week) However, DH said, it is supposed to be a vacation - just take the days off - so that is what I am going to do. but my clients might not like it -- We'll see they had a fit when I went from 7 to 6 days a week, and still give me a rough time for working 6 days .... LOL but family comes first! (sorry off topic)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%