Boy Christening

Decorating By alicegop Updated 4 May 2008 , 5:07pm by alicegop

alicegop Posted 2 May 2008 , 5:32am
post #1 of 5

I need a good idea... I thought of brown and blue polka dots and stripes.... but it is similar to some other cakes and I would like something new to do so I don't bore myself!

My neighbor doesn't have any ideas, I can do whatever I want.... I would like something fun, but not over the top... I'm a teacher and it is the end of the year and I have a lot going on with that, so not too elaborate, but cool and modernish looking.

4 replies
aandecakedesign Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 5

I have done 2 for boys. take a look in my gallery. They are formal but not too girly looking.

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 5

There are some really great ideas in the gallery.
You don't say what size/type (sheet vs tiered) you need so it's hard to come up w/ideas for you.

shelbur10 Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 5

I have done one for a boy, it's in my photos. It's nothing terribly creative, but not bad.

alicegop Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 5

well unfortunately all of the replies were posted after I had to have the cake delivered, but that is okay.

I ended up doing my usual 8in and 10 in.

Oh and can I say that I HATE Satin Ice. For my cake supply business I had ordered $1000 worth of Satin Ice from my wholesaler... THREE MONTHS LATER the order comes in... but no red or 5# black containers.... no white or ivory, ???!!!! Anyway, so it finally came in and I thought I would give it a go. The blue is Satin Ice and it worked fine. I know it is Fresh from the factory since I JUST GOT it and it was special ordered from Satin Ice. Well the stupid fondant CRACKED when I put the top layer on it!!! I doweled it well, there is NO REASON FOR THIS!

But whatever, probably won't notice unless you're really looking for it.

I had wanted to do contrasting top and bottom layers but my husband and chefcindy told me I had to put more dots on the top. So attached is a picture of how how I had it and then here is the link to what it ended up looking like. I do like it... I just wish I could have been more creative.

Quote by @%username% on %date%