Help W/sugarshacks Icing

Decorating By bafishr Updated 2 May 2008 , 12:30pm by bafishr

bafishr Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:17am
post #1 of 8

O.k. DH got me a KA and now I'm dying to try Sugarshack's BC. But I have a few ?'s.

Can anyone tell me if and what I can substitute for the Wedding Bouquet?

How much liquid do you add to the powder coffee creamer?

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
SISA Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:47am
post #2 of 8

You just add equal parts of the liquid with the powder creamer. I myself have only made it once. I used vanilla but, it seemed like it was lacking something. I know this doesn't answer all of your questions but, I hope it helps. Have fun !

LadyMike Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 8

Mix 1 cup creamer with 1 cup very hot water, but you don't use all of that in one batch; you use 11-12 Tbsp. It's always a 1-1 ratio. The flavoring is whatever you want it to be. You can use Creme Bouquet, Princess Bakery Cake and Cookie Emulsion, Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion, Butavan, or your own mix of vanilla extract, butter flavoring, French Vanilla Blend, almond extract, or whatever you like. HTH

LadyMike icon_smile.gif

pjaycakes Posted 2 May 2008 , 9:43am
post #4 of 8

Also this is not in her original recipe, but I found that adding about 2 tsp of salt to the shortening creamer mixture helps cut out some of the sweetness. If you find it too sweet you can try this. I use about 2 tab butter extract, 2 tab vanilla extract with just about 1 tsp of creme bouquet. You can experiment with almost any flavor you like.

Tona Posted 2 May 2008 , 10:49am
post #5 of 8

Almond flavoring is wonderful in this receipe as well. If you do not have the wedding bouquet flavoring she tells you to use.

bafishr Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, ya'll. I'll give it a try. pjcakes, I have the creme bouquet but doesn't adding 2tbs. of butter and vanilla xtract doesn't it make it sweeter? Even if you add the salt. I add popcorn salt to my bc if I use unsalted butter. It does cut the sweetness.

pjaycakes Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:23pm
post #7 of 8

I just didn't like the full amount of creme bouquet it had too much of a citrus taste that I didn't like my icing to have. I have never used the wedding bouquet and I don't know what it is made from.

I use butter extract because it gives it a buttery taste since the recipe uses all shortening. The vanilla I add just to give it some extra flavor. I don't find the extracts to make it sweeter, but it is a personal preference I guess. Actually I think I add 3 of butter and 2 of vanilla extract. I've played around alot with the flavors and this combo seems to work the best for me.

I always add salt to all my icings (except whipped cream), even cream cheese.

bafishr Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:30pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks, pjcakes. I'll give that a try also, since I do have the creme bouquet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%