Detailed Order Of Operations Needed For My Project!

Decorating By andpotts Updated 2 May 2008 , 3:17am by andpotts

andpotts Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 4

Ok it's me and my Pirate Ship again icon_smile.gif You have all helped me figure everything out so far, now can you please give me a detailed order of how I should put this together. The party is on a Saturday so...
After I bake the cakes please tell me exactly what to do next. Level, Wrap, Freeze, Defrost, Crumb Coat, Stack, Carve, Frost & Decorate? Or do I crumb coat and then freeze etc. Talk to me like a baby, I don't mind I really want to get this right.

Also can you fill carved cakes/should you? If so at what point would I do this?

Thank you so much!! Andrea

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

bake.. Level, Wrap, Freeze, Defrost, Crumb Coat, Stack, Carve, Frost & Decorate? Or do I crumb coat and then freeze etc. Talk to me like a baby....

I would bake,level, wrap freeze, defrost, stack, carve, crumb coat, frost and decorate. I don't like to crumb then fz....you want that coating to dry and putting it in the fzr will not allow it to dry.
Others may have a different way of doing it but that is the steps I would take.

Cake_Princess Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:08am
post #3 of 4

You can bake your cake as you normally would. Chill the cake so they are a bit firm for carving. Fill, stack and dowel as necessary and just carve. Crumb coat. Let the icing firm up then apply you regular coat and cover with fondant.

andpotts Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:17am
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys! Now I'm not using fondant, doing all crusting BC, but how do you fill a carved cake, if I fill, stack and then carve won't I cut right through the dams and cause leaks? Sorry for so many questions, this is my first carved cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%