Chocolate Transfers

Decorating By CuteCakeName Updated 2 May 2008 , 1:13am by akgirl10

CuteCakeName Posted 1 May 2008 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a Harley-Davidson (I know - copyright! it's not being sold) cake for a friend, and I'm doing the logo in a chocolate transfer. Well, I was just sooo happy with the way it was turning out, and then I decided to put on my backing of white chocolate. Well, I guess it was a little too warm, and maybe I applied a little too much pressure, and this is what happened.
So my question is, should I forgo the backing? Or maybe I should paint it on?
LL
LL

3 replies
crystalina1977 Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 4

wow you did an awesome job on that - you have a steady hand!

not sure what you mean by forego the backing since it seems like it's already on - are you going to redo it?

If you are going to redo it, I would definitely keep the backing. Maybe just pop the rest of it in the freezer to make sure it's extra cold and make sure the white part isn't too hot.

HTH, Crissy usaribbon.gif

CuteCakeName Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the compliment icon_redface.gif Yes, I am redoing it. I've already done the new one, I'm just hesitant to add the backing since that's how I screwed up the last one. I wasn't sure if having the logo cold when I add warm chocolate to the back would create some sort of weird condensation thing. Thanks for your advice!

Heather

akgirl10 Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:13am
post #4 of 4

Hey that transfer looks great! I would put the transfer in the freezer for 10 minutes or so before the backing of chocolate, and I would definitely do the backing. I just did my 1st one the other day, and made the unfortunate mistake of using dark chocolate for my backing, at least you didn't do that! Oh well, lesson learned icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%