Looking For The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe

Baking By tex8798 Updated 4 May 2008 , 5:05am by CakeDiva73

tex8798 Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 5

I am in search for the perfect chocolate cake recipe for my fathers birthday. I also was thinking like a mouse to put in between layers with a chocolate buttercream or something like that. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.

4 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:58am
post #2 of 5

i have had very good luck with this cake, it is very chocolate-y and people LOVE IT!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2163-Darn-Good-Chocolate-Cake.html

Good Luck, hope your dad's b-day turns out great!

joenshan Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:11am
post #3 of 5

I use the devil's food cake on this site, the one with the hot coffee, people rave about it. Super moist. I made it once with a peanut butter filling...yummy

kellymarie Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:03am
post #4 of 5

i have a recipe for a chocolate cake with coffee too, only for guys i use guinness beer.... yum! you can't really taste the beer, but it sure gives it a great taste! you could use your dad's favorite beer also. here is the recipe:

mix dry first:

scant 2 cups flour ( not super packed down, spooned into the measuring cup)
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

then add to that:

two eggs
1 cup of butter milk ( or a combination of 1/4 cup white vinegar and 3/4 cup milk)
1 cup coffee ( not too hot, it will scramble the eggs! i just use instant in warm water, very strong) or, put the beer in there, you could even use cola if you wanted...
1/3 cup of oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

mix well, scrape sides and mix again

bake @ 350 until toothpick comes out "almost" clean!

one bowl.... so easy! people rave about this cake!!

hope your dad has a happy birthday icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:05am
post #5 of 5

Aren't we all, lol! I am in search of one too - been testing all different recipes these last couple of weeks..... icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%