Special Buttercream Request

Baking By aunt_dodo Updated 4 May 2008 , 3:29am by ladyonzlake

aunt_dodo Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 4

So the president of my moms company has ordered a mothers day Cake from me. I sent a practice cake with my mom and he loved it....except one thing (for his mom that is).

She is on Weight Watchers and he wants something Low or reduced sugar. He liked the icing, just said it needed to not be as sweet, made with Splenda or something. Does anyone have a GOOD recipe for a reduced sugar buttercream? Thanks in advance!!

3 replies
akgirl10 Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:55am
post #2 of 4

Even if you use splenda you're making BUTTERcream, there's no way to make it weight watcher friendly. Splenda is not powdered, so if you used a meringue based buttercream it might work, but not for an american buttercream. What kind of cake is it, will a glaze work?

aunt_dodo Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 4

I know I know...lol Me and my mom laughed that he wants reduced sugar for someone on WW. She made the comment that he wants splenda, but doesn't mind the lard! lol

Everything aside, I just need something low or reduced sugar. It doesn't have to be a buttercream, but an icing that will hold up to icing the cake and decorating with it. It's gonna be a french vanilla cake with strawberry filling. Thanks in advance!

ladyonzlake Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:29am
post #4 of 4

Why not just drizzle some lemon glaze over it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%