Air Brush Paint Amount Helllp

Decorating By fondantfrenzy Updated 1 May 2008 , 6:02pm by fondantfrenzy

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I need to airbrush a 14 inch square cake that is going to have 3 layers. I have black kopycake airbrush paint that is filled except 1/3. Do you think I have enough to cover the fondant cake good and have a little bit left over? How much of the bottle do you think this will take to cover the 14 inch cake. I am stressing oout becuase nowhere around here sells kopy cake. They only sell amiericolor and dont know if I want to mix brands.

I have Kopykake flow paste in black, do you think if i get super desperate, i can mix the flowpaste with vodkla and use that?

I know that sounds stupid..but I am really really really stressing out...

Somone pleasae help. I have heard a little bit goes a long way..but I dont think that is going to be the case..i am dreading having a somewhat covered cake...

Any words of advice? Wisdom? Pep Talks? Valuim? H HA HA H AHH A

2 replies
JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 3

you want a solid black cake? color your fondant gray with your paste color first -that will help- It won't hurt to use americolor over KK color.

Americolors are my favorite color to use- and I airbrush alot...

mixing the paste with vodka isn't as good of an idea- you have to keep shaking/mixing it or it seperates- ok in a truely desperate situation, but using the americolor is a much better option.

paste color actually mixes better with water btw.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 3

Ok, forget the Valium, I think you have calmed me down!......I think it will be ok..thanks for your help!!!

Do you by any chance know how much paint it will take to cover a 14 inch cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%